Local Father / Son Abduction Conspiracy Indictment + Maryland Horse Month
Get up and over to them, Laurel! Catch up with each other to start this day on an informed note. These are the most important things going on around Laurel today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A shower and t-storm; humid. High: 79 Low: 61.
Here are the four best Laurel stories today:
- Consumer spending of Klaravich Stables Inc. did it early stages a winner a. She passed the late horses and strayed 2 ½ lengths while she was masked on Saturday $ 150,000 Selima at Laurel Park. Mounted by Victor Carrasco for coach Chad Brown, Consumer spending was favorite 2-5 in a field of eight. She covered the distance in 1: 43.21 on a firm Alllong course for her second consecutive victory. (laurelpark.com)
- A father and son has been indicted in a kidnapping plot this successful in a death. The pair allegedly stole and sold marijuana to the victim. The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland said one grand jury returned a charge vs. Scott Anthony Williams, 45, of Laurel and Taeyan Raymond Williams, 26, of West Virginia, relating to 2018 removal, extortion and murder of the victim which has been described as a marijuana dealer. According to the indictment, the couple had a love relationship with the victim and bought him marijuana for redistribution. They sold cocaine to him, which he would then have sold. (WTOP)
- Governor Larry Hogan proclaimed October like Horse month. He is highlighting the historical, recreational, therapeutic, and economic coContributions made by the Maryland Equestrian Industry. To celebrate Maryland Horse Month, the Maryland Horse Industry Council (MHIB) and his industry partners lead a targeted marketing strategy highlight many statewide attractions, events, Activities, trails, exhibitions, and experiences with a equaestor connection. (Beyond the wire)
- Mayor Craig A. Moe To proclaimed October like Family Violence Awareness Month. Due to this proclamation and instructions of the mayor, the Laurel Parks and Recreation Department followed the instructions of illuminate Laurel’s installations in purple to show support and awareness of people suffering from domestic violence. (Town of Laurel)
today Laurel Daily is introduced to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today at Laurier (* All today’s events are close to Laurel as there are currently none in town)
- Try comedy –Enjoy Stand Up Comedy and great pizza! (7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
- SoulCollage Grief Support Group (via Telehealth and Virtual) – Participants will create a series of collages to commemorate lost loved ones and to visually record the grieving process. The group will meet today (October 4) at the association’s office in Largo, as well as via Zoom. Recognizing that not everyone has access to this technology or may not be comfortable with it, the center suggests people call or email the office and grief professionals will work with individuals. to help them find other appropriate resources if necessary. (5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Ready 2 Read Storytime for ages 0-2 – Bring your baby and join us for stories, songs and finger games! (10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.)
- Chef’s table dinner – Join Chef Sagar Bishwokarma at Smashing Grapes for a gourmet 5-course dinner accompanied by a selection of wines from our sommelier. (7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- LVFD Business Meeting: The Laurel Volunteer Fire Department business meeting is held on the first and third Monday of each month. (LaurelVFD.org)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Wye River Graduate School Virtual Lecture Series: How to Pay Tuition (October 7)
- [Webinar] Roof Replacement 101: Everything You Need to Know (October 9)
- Breast ultrasound screening arrives directly at your home! (October 12)
- Fall Festival at Mandala School (October 30)
- Add your event
You are now in the know and ready to start Monday on the right foot! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with another update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Alexis Göring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I am a resident of the Bowie area with a pulse for people, news and reporting! I worked as a freelance writer / editor / proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I am also a published author, experienced blogger, and the founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Laurel Daily? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.